HFA President and CEO Chad Buck in the News
– Chad and Stephanie Buck & Salvation Army partner for Food Giveaway
– Q&A with Chad Buck, owner of Hawaii Foodservice Alliance
– HFA Partners with the Construction industry coordinates food giveaway
– Hawaii Foodbank partners with private firms for virus relief
– Food distribution event in Laie will feed 3,250 households
HFA’s Response to COVID-19
The safety of our team members, customers, consumers, and community is HFA’s top priority.
Throughout our island and California operations, HFA has taken swift action to protect the safety of all our constituents. We remain committed to providing the people of Hawaii with safe, high-quality food products during this difficult time.
We will continue to closely monitor the worldwide situation regarding the novel coronavirus (I.e. SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) and quickly respond as conditions change.
HFA’s dedicated Health Team has deployed detailed pandemic protocols, which have defined clear procedures to protect the health and safety of our team members, customers and consumers.
Our HFA COVID-19 Coordinator is Filsann Mariteragi. She may be reached at [email protected] or 808-599-9875 if you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19.
Here are some of the ways we are protecting our Hawaii and California ohana during this time:
- Continuously educating our team members on the pertinent information from CDC and local public health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Trained our team members on the symptoms of COVID-19, how to protect themselves, and how to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Implemented and trained on additional health and safety policies, including social distancing, face coverings, face shields, hand hygiene, and fomite (i.e, surface) disinfection practices in the workplace.
- Trained using a variety of methods, including: Daily safety briefings, Zoom trainings, e-mail communications, and department meetings.
A Final Note
We thank you for your partnership in feeding Hawaii. We will continue to work hard to make your health and safety our top priority.
COVID-19 presents a dynamic and constantly changing set of circumstances and medical symptoms. As such, recommended responses are changing and evolving, resulting in frequent modifications to conclusions and recommendations by CDC, public health officials and therefore companies. For additional information, please reach out to [email protected].